January 17, 2014

Another cold winter day, another floral pattern.

Oh, winter. You are the houseguest who stays too long, sits on the couch all day, and eats all the food. It does not bode well that I'm sick of this season already and it's only January. Nothin' coming around the corner but more of the same. My inbox and catalogs keep telling me to go ahead and buy some new pieces for my spring wardrobe, and I'm like "Wha-huh?" I've been wearing the same pair of skinny jeans for close to 3 months now because they're the only thing that fit under my big boots. Okay, shake it off, Katie! Shake it off. Moving along. 

I've been working on some floral patterns. While I don't consider myself a "flowery" kind of girl (lovely, but no thank you, Laura Ashley), I do really love flowers, and I even love floral patterns. Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner: beautiful! They make it look so easy! But I've got to say, florals are a challenge for me right now. I don't really have the hang of it yet, so I'm going to continue to work on building up my "floral skills." In the meantime, I've come up with these:



Both patterns will be available in my Spoonflower shop when I get around to ordering my samples. I also decided to try and work them into a tea towel layout (below). I don't know, I think I like them, for a first go and all that. Besides, it's nice to flood my brain with flowers this time of year.



No comments:

Post a Comment